Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Final Project Thoughts

Gathering some ideas on how to make this final project a cool way to end the class...I was thinking of doing a play on the Assassins Game that has become popular in recent years. The game is very intriguing; it is mostly a senior or upper-class tradition but for the sake of describing the game, everybody antes up $2. The money is then collected to one big pot that will be split 50/50. Half going to the student with most kills, and half going to the last standing student. The goal of the game is to "kill" your opponent by gently stroking them with a plastic knife that can be easily acquired via the Upper Deck. Each person is given a "target student" at the beginning of the game, but at the same time you yourself are a target. If you manage to take out your first target, you immediately get another: your most recent kill's target, and the game plays out until there is one assassin left alive.

I plan on expanding upon the aim of the game, and giving brief history of how the game came about and if there is anyway to get a list of past winners. Visually though, I want to recreate a famous video game character from Assassin's Creed in his decked out assassin cloaks on route 5 with the river in the background. I haven't decided if I am going to use Photoshop or maybe do another vector image for this yet. I also want to recreate an image or series of images of an actual in progress pursuit on campus; the Campus Center would definitely be a good spot to do something like this because it's familiar to the majority of the student body. This was the first picture that came up on Google when I searched SMCM Campus. Pretty cool...this will almost definitely be a Photoshopped image. So that's what I have so far. I will be posting whatever preliminary works and sketches I come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment